You are invited to apply for bursaries to assist in your travel and/or registration to attend the Museums Galleries Australia National Conference 2019 to be held in Alice Springs from 13 to 17 May at two fantastic venues, the Araluen Arts Centre and the Alice Springs Convention Centre.
There are several sources of funding available including a bursary funded by our own Tasmanian Branch. Each application will be automatically considered for all eligible funds. In other words there is ONE form to be found at the Museums Australia website which will be channelled to opportunities and assessment relevant to you.
Fill in the form and submit it before the closing date. Please do not send in more than one form (i.e. email and post).
Applications close Wednesday 6 February 2019.
How it works
- Members only. MGA members will automatically be considered for funding from their state branch and any national networks they subscribe to. Our Tasmanian Branch is providing funds to its Members to cover Registration and a contribution to your travel. Join now.
- Bursaries are paid as a reimbursement. Your nominated bank account will be credited with the bursary funds before the conference.
- You must register for the conference before applying for a bursary and select the pay later/invoice option. We check the registration status of each applicant when allocating funds.
- Per diem expenses and social event registrations are not eligible for inclusion in your application.
- Accommodation costs are capped depending on the location of the conference.
- Different funding sources have different criteria.
- Bursary recipients must provide a written report on their conference experience.
- All applicants (whether successful or not) will be registered at the early bird rate