The 2020 AMaGA National Conference will be held in Canberra from 18-21 May. Members and colleagues are invited to apply for bursaries to assist in their travel and/or registration to attend. An application from a Member will be considered for funding from ALL appropriate and available sources.
This year AMaGATasmanian Branch is offering $1750 for one of our state branch members. We understand payment of the conference fees, travel and accommodation to Canberra will be quite a stretch for many of our members --and we want you to have the opportunity to attend.
Completing ONE form opens up the opportunity to win from a range of offers. Just complete ONE form.
Applications close Monday 24 February 2020.
- Members can apply for funding assistance from their AMaGA's State/Territory Branch and/or National Networks (eg Education, EVR, History, EMP). You MUST be a member to apply for this funding. Members will be considered for funding from ALL appropriate available sources (i.e. if you are a member from NSW with a subscription to the Education network, we will automatically place you in the pool for funding from both the branch and the network, and also the federal funding (see below).
- In addition, AMaGA's Conference Inclusion Fund will fund volunteers in regional and community museums and galleries or people who would usually not be able to afford to attend. Read more about the Inclusion Fund and how you can contribute
Open to all
- Federal funding through the Department of Communications and the Arts is available for people living and working/volunteering in regional and remote areas, and Indigenous people. Priority will be given to Indigenous Australians, and volunteers from regional and remote locations, and then to those volunteering in small, community museums. Speakers who are presenting on topics targeted at community museums and Indigenous issues will also be considered for funding. You do not need to be a member.
- The Cartwright/Douglas Fund (private philanthropy fund) provides one bursary, quite flexible but preferring a regional person; may be a non-AMaGA member working in the industry.
How bursaries work
- Bursaries are paid as a reimbursement. Your nominated bank account will be credited with the bursary funds before the conference.
- You must register for the conference before applying for a bursary and select the pay later/invoice option. We check the registration status of each applicant when allocating funds.
- Per diem expenses and social event registrations are not eligible for inclusion in your application.
- Accommodation costs are capped depending on the location of the conference.
- Priority will be given to people who haven't received a bursary in the past few years.
- Different funding sources have different criteria. The only funding source that is available for non-members is the federal funding which is dedicated to Regional, Remote or Indigenous delegates. All other funding sources require the applicant to be a member of AMaGA. Join now.
- State/Territory Branches and/or National Networks may have additional criteria and may contact you for more information before allocating bursaries to eligible applicants.
- Bursary recipients must provide a written report on their conference experience.
- All applicants (whether successful or not) will be registered at the early bird rate